Friday, June 27, 2008

Getting sick

Got back from Vacation at the end of March, ready to start ramping up the training. Unfortunately I came down with bronchitis, and was sick as a dog.

Being sick always creates the dilllema of not training and losing fitness, or training through and potentially getting sicker, or delaying recovery. Motivated athletes tend to want to continue to train, and will often push more than they should.

My Coach tends to favor resting and getting well. In the long run, a few missed days of training is better than dragging out the illness.

In this case I was sick enough that I didn't have a choice. When you have trouble breathing standing still, training at any intensity isn't really an option.

Unfortunately as the Bronchitis hung on, I didn't ride, other than a few recovery paced rides for 3 weeks.

No comments: